Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC)
Carbon Reduction Commitment
The Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC) Energy Efficiency Scheme was launched in the UK in order to reduce the nation’s carbon emissions by improving the energy efficiency of large businesses and public sector organisations.
The scheme consists of phases, with the first now completed. Phase 2 runs from 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2019 & for those clients using at least 6,000,000 kWh/year on settled Half Hourly Meters they must participate. Participation includes the monitoring of all your qualifying sites, submitting an annual report & purchasing the tonnes of CO₂ you are liable for all within strict timelines. The CRC Energy Efficiency scheme is self-administering and the penalties for failing to comply are significant.
Under the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme, the emphasis placed on accuracy of consumption data has been increased considerably. As such, ensuring the data you report is accurate can help to protect your business against any unnecessary costs and penalties that may arise if your data is incorrect (estimated, for example).
How could my business benefit from carbon reduction?
Aside from the obvious benefit of reducing your carbon emissions (and carbon footprint), there are several other ways in which your business could benefit from our services:
- Immediate financial savings; avoiding unnecessary charges and fines.
- Cheaper business utilities – as you won’t be consuming as much energy.
- Improved public image which could lead to new business relationships and interest from new clients.
- Greater opinion rankings amongst potential investors; some of whom may only work with businesses who commit to environmental protection practices.
- Protection against future legislation, under which your company may have been at risk without carbon reduction measures in place.
- Staying ahead of your competitors who haven’t yet committed to CRC; become the leading green business or organisation in your sector.
For more information about how your business could benefit from our CRC services, speak to one of our environmental consultants today.